My photo
I'm a wife to an amazing man, mom to a tuxedo cat and I'm rapidly approaching 30. Now afternoon naps are replacing late nights out, brunches are replacing early morning breakfasts, and yoga pants are replacing tight jeans. This is my niche, a place to document our memories.

Mum's The Word


My parents are back from Vancouver, and I couldn't be happier.  They tried to surprise us when they stopped by last Thursday, but I had already figured out that they were back in town.  My mum is who I go to with all my problems, who I share all my secrets with.  Lately, she really has become one of my best friends, and I love our relationship.  I depend on her for so much.  Especially this week: we visited at lunch Monday, Tuesday I had her run something home for me, today she held my hand at my doctors appointment while I had a mole removed, and tomorrow she's kidnapping me for another lunch date.  I love her!

(ETA I'm using this post for my Click Chicks Challenge this week, I didn't realize that this weeks topic was mum, so I was a day ahead this time!)

6 comments:

  1. I totally agree that we're best of friends. While you were trying on all your new clothes Monday evening I was about to say that I really love our relationship and couldn't be happier that we're such close friends and have branched out beyond Mum & Daughter. This is another example of how we communicate without words. See you in a few hours when I "kidnap" you during your lunch break. Love you, Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how funny! Worked out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww so sweet.
    I love that now that I'm getting older, I'm developing a deeper and more friend like relationship with my mom.

    ReplyDelete