My photo
I'm a wife to an amazing man, mom to a tuxedo cat and I'm rapidly approaching 30. Now afternoon naps are replacing late nights out, brunches are replacing early morning breakfasts, and yoga pants are replacing tight jeans. This is my niche, a place to document our memories.

At Home

  • green grapes.  This is our new favourite treat: cut the green grapes in half, and dip into a mixture of lime and raspberry Jello powders (other combinations would be good too).  It almost tastes like Sour Patch Kids, and that's right from Justin's mouth!  We ran out of grapes last night, so I dipped a granny smith into cherry Jello powder, which was also oh so amazing.
  • little weekend getaways to the States.  Justin and I are dreaming, and longing for our next trip.  I think we'll bump up our original plans, and head back down the weekend after this one.
  • new jeans.  My mother in law gave me money to spend on whatever I wanted, and I chose a pair of Suki Surplus Silver Jeans, at my new favourite US store, Maurices.  They were a birthday splurge, and I love these jeans.
  • a weekend at home.  As much as I'd totally head back to the States this weekend, Justin and I need a weekend at home to get caught up.  Altough he's working, I'll putter around the house and catch up on life; you know, laundry, dishes, cleaning.  Such glamour!
  • exercise.  I'm working out five days a week, sometimes I push myself harder and longer, other days I do a seventeen minute Pilates DVD.  Although I don't always love doing it, and I often try pushing it off, I am in love with the results I'm getting.  I'm seeing results in my appearance, my mood and my stress level.  All things that contribute to a healthy life.

2 comments:

  1. Green grapes are my favorite! I especially love them frozen during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl GO YOU on the working out! That's pretty badass of you! And OMG Maurices! I lived in that store as well as Rue 21 in Jr. High and high school! MEMORIES!!!

    Chao
    Poppie
    http://thepoppie.com

    ReplyDelete