My photo
I'm a wife to an amazing man, mom to a tuxedo cat and I'm rapidly approaching 30. Now afternoon naps are replacing late nights out, brunches are replacing early morning breakfasts, and yoga pants are replacing tight jeans. This is my niche, a place to document our memories.

Friday's Night Moves


For me, Friday nights can either be the best part of my week or the worst, but either way it always revolves around food.  On those good nights, Justin and I go out to eat, have a couple drinks, and enjoy ourselves.  However, since I had a bad day at work from the moment I arrived, and Justin was going out with friends, I knew tonight was shaping up to be the bad version.  Before deciding I needed to lose some extra pounds, I would have placed an order for sixty dollars worth of sushi, brought it home and eaten it all.  Tonight, that wasn't a road I was going down, but I was at a loss as to how to turn this night and my bad mood around.  Feeling sorry for myself on my drive home, I decided to grab a couple oranges for a treat since I've been craving them all week.  While at the store, I decided to make salsa and enjoy it on cucumber "chips."  Immediately I started feeling better about my night; I had a plan, and I was ready.  It really is about taking this whole diet thing (and life in general, for that matter) one day at a time!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! It can be so hard to turn a bad day around. For me I usually end up watching reruns of scrubs.

    ReplyDelete