My photo
I'm a wife to an amazing man, mom to a tuxedo cat and I'm rapidly approaching 30. Now afternoon naps are replacing late nights out, brunches are replacing early morning breakfasts, and yoga pants are replacing tight jeans. This is my niche, a place to document our memories.

Changes Coming Soon

After a little bit of thought last night, Justin and I decided to tackle a few things around our house this month.  This weekend will be spent cleaning and junking out, and next weekend (a long weekend) will be when we do our big jobs.  Some of the decor we have going on just isn't doing it for us anymore, so we need to fix that.  We started coming up with some ideas and painting seems to be inevitable, which was on my radar anyways.  And then a few projects, involving a song lyric canvas inspired by Jennifer Johner, a segmented photo from our wedding, and some curtains.  We have a five-hundred dollar budget, and I think we can accomplish lots within that guideline.  We'll get to the other things eventually, like painting a wall in our bedroom, refinishing some dressers, and re-tiling our fireplace.  Right now we're going to focus on just a few things to see how that goes, we've sadly learned our lesson on takling too much at once.
 
paint colours, paint samples, paint palette, colour, paint pics, Jennifer Johner, painting, decor, house
Source
Speaking of Jennifer Johner, I'm in complete envy of her decor style.  I've been wanting to incorporate some charcoal greys, but haven't been able to figure out a colour palette that would work with the basic painters beige that we have throughout our house.  Then I was reminded of the colour palette of her old house.  Seriously, Justin and I are both in love with it.  I can't wait to see the difference in our house after two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment