My photo
I'm a wife to an amazing man, mom to a tuxedo cat and I'm rapidly approaching 30. Now afternoon naps are replacing late nights out, brunches are replacing early morning breakfasts, and yoga pants are replacing tight jeans. This is my niche, a place to document our memories.

Awkward Moments

Last night Justin and I went out for supper at our favourite sushi place.  After a few minutes, another couple was seated at the table next to us, which was only about two and a half feet away.  It always feel like my privacy is being invaded when there's somebody sitting that close to us, but last night it became even worse.  

I was telling Justin about my day at work, when I looked at the couple and instantly recognized them.  It was an ex-boyfriend and his wife.  I don't know her, but her parents are customers at work, so I immediately became careful of what I was saying.  I didn't want to draw attention to ourselves, and I didn't want to make any embarrassing introductions or awkward conversation.

During dinner I realized just how lucky I am to be able to call him nothing more than an ex.  Him and his wife were having a horribly boring, pretentious conversation.  And he talked to her in his fake voice the entire time, which I still find incredibly annoying.  I'm so happy and grateful that I ended up with Justin and not this ex, or any ex for that matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment