My photo
I'm a wife to an amazing man, mom to a tuxedo cat and I'm rapidly approaching 30. Now afternoon naps are replacing late nights out, brunches are replacing early morning breakfasts, and yoga pants are replacing tight jeans. This is my niche, a place to document our memories.

Wish I Would Have Known Then

1999, 2000, Jr. High, High School, young, letters to me, wish I knew back then, friendships, Brad Paisley Letter To Me
That's me in the top center of the photo, smiling like a goon.
Back in Jr. High and High School I was basically a shy, awkward individual.  Most of the time I felt bad for myself, wishing I had the life my friends did.  At night I'd imagine how my life and my friends lives would turn out when we were older.  Little did I know how different those predictions would be from reality.  In the theme of Brad Paisley's Letter To Me, this is what I wish I would have known then.
  • It's okay to be an individual.  Being you is much better than being someone else.  Also, don't wear a white shirt and kahkis together, you don't want to accidentally end up wearing the same outfit as a guy in your science class.
  • That guy you thought you'd end up marrying in High School, the one that you had names picked out for your future babies - just in case - he ends up being a pretentious snob.  You know, just like he was back when he was dating that other girl, and not you.
  • Friendships from Jr. High and High School never last.  No matter what you say, no matter what you think will happen, they just don't last.  But, better, more sincere friends come along and make you forget all about the ones that you lost.
  • You might have to wait a long time until your first kiss, longer than most.  At the time you'll think it's amazing, but you'll look back and realize first kisses really aren't all they're cracked up to be.  You should have kept waiting.
  • Don't ever let a guy jerk you around.  He's just not worth your time.  You marry an amazing man that treats you the way you should be treated, one that knows all your secrets, and one that knows you better than you know yourself.  He's worth all those frogs, since he's prince charming.
Basically, keep your chin up, and don't let anyone get you down.  From time to time you'll run into those old friends, and realize that instead of them having the good life, you're the one living it!

No comments:

Post a Comment